Hydraulics, coasts and offshore laboratory
The CCOB is part of MARHIS, Maritime Aggregated Research Hydraulic Infrastructures, a distributed research infrastructure of Spain’s Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), the only one of its kind in the field of hydraulic engineering.
Its objective is to increase the efficiency and capacity of Spain’s numerical, experimental and field facilities for coastal and port applications, offshore engineering and the multiple interactions between structures and ocean climate factors.
Find out more about our services and facilities
Visit the CCOB website
- Overall dimensions: 30 m long x 44 m wide x 4.75 m high
- Test area: up to 24 m long x 32 m wide
- Operating depth: 0.2 m to 3.4 m
- Multidirectional wave generator
- Waves up to Hs = 1.1 m @ Tp = 3s & 2.5 m depth
- Bidirectional current generator
- Rotatable wind generator
- 6 meter diameter basin with an additional 8 meters of depth
- Active absorption in front and side blades & dissipators
- Overall dimensions: 56 m long x 2 m wide x 2.5 m high
- Fully transparent section: 24 m Maximum depth in test area: 1.3 m
- Wave generator at flume head, with 2-m stroke
- Maximum wave in test area Hs = 0.55 m @ Tp = 3s, 1.05 m depth
- Bidirectional current system: up to 0.3 m3/s, active absorption system in front blade & dissipator
- Equipped with instrumentation
Hydraulic test space
- Overall dimensions: 30 m long x 14 m wide x 10 m high on waterproof slab
- Multi-purpose development campaign, river channels, dams, special tests, characterization of flotsam …
Single-axis seismic table
- Dimensions: 3.5 m long x 2.5 m wide.
- Maximum load: 20 tons
- Maximum dynamic force: 200 kN @ 8Hz.
- Overall dimensions: 68 m long x 2 m wide x 2 m high
- Section with transparent side: 26.5 m
- Maximum depth in test area: 1.4 m
- Wave generator at flume head, with 1.1 m stroke
- Maximum wave in test area Hs = 0.6 m @ Tp = 3s, 1.2 m depth
- Bidirectional current system: up to 0.3 m3/s
- Active absorption system in front and blade & dissipator (beach)
- Equipped with instrumentation cart
Means of lifting and transport
Bridge crane: 10 Tn capacity in IH, 5 Tn in Escuela Universidad de Cantabria
Equipped with multiple tools and facilities for manufacturing and adjusting parts made of metal, wood, methacrylate, PVC, plastic, etc., all necessary to make mock-ups and models, fastening elements and microstructures.
Equipped with various sieving machines, along with a set of sieves, storage silos and weighing scales.
Mobile and adjustable bench with centrifugal pumps of different capacities, with programmable frequency controller.
Synchronized data acquisition systems (National Instruments) with software specifically developed for the laboratory (Labview).
Specific sensors for free-surface laboratory tests: pressure, forces, moments, accelerations, speed, etc.
Body position tracking (Qualisys).
Motion tracking (IMUs).
Real-time IP video synchronized with other laser scanner sensors.
Stereoscopy surveying equipment.
Specific sensors for field measurements of temperature and pressure.
Integrated monitoring system for floating platforms.
Custom made specifications, integrated in model, wireless systems.