OFFSHORE WIND: RESOURCE ASSESSMENT AND TECHNOLOGIES
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 27 @ 5:00 pm
This course is organized by IHCantabria within the framework of PORTOS project (EAPA 784/2018), co-financed by the Interreg Atlantic Area Programme through the European Regional Development Fund.
The course includes basic training on wind dynamics, the development and modeling of the wind resource in coastal areas, a description of the available wind databases resources, the characterization of the main wind environmental conditions and technological considerations for the exploitation of this resource in ports. In addition, case-studies are included, such as a numerical simulation of wind fields in coastal areas. This 3-day course has been designed for the public from the AA region (Portugal, Spain, France, United Kingdom and Ireland) interested in the exploitation of the wind resource within a port area. Attendees will not require previous experience in this field.
The course will take place at IHCantabria headquarters (in Santander, Spain) on October 25-27th, 2021 and will cover the following topics (see course schedule on our web):
1. Introduction to Wind dynamics.
2. The Wind climate.
3. Met-ocean information required for the OWT (waves and currents).
4. Wind databases.
5. Atmospheric modeling to simulate wind climate and evaluate wind energy resource.
6. Wind quality evaluation.
7. Developments and standards for design of Offshore wind technologies.
8. Components of the offshore wind technologies.
9. Aspects involved in the design of OWT.
10. Offshore wind farm systems.
Places are limited and the registration deadline is 11th October 2021.
The course is free of charge (Coffees and lunches are included. Accommodation is NOT INCLUDED).